Schedule a performance checkpoint discussion at least once during the review cycle. Performance checkpoints are an effective tool to ensure there are no surprises at the end of the year review. Use the Performance Checkpoint Checklist to guide your discussions.
A performance checkpoint discussion will:
- Summarize accomplishments to date and what needs to be completed in the remaining time
- Identify progress on goals, and any changes or necessary additions. Click here and read FAQ # 4 for guidance on managing your goals.
- Clarify performance expectations going forward
- Focus on the Professional Development Plan (PDP). Click here and read FAQ #12 for guidance on PDPs.
- Provide recognition for contributions
Resources to support employees and managers:
Contact your HR Client Partner or ODE for additional assistance.