Frequently Asked Questions
To view any answer, simply click on the question.
Performance Review FAQs
1. How does GW's Performance Management process accurately measure performance?
2. How is the performance of roles with matrix reporting relationships (e.g. HR Client Partners, Finance Directors) measured during the performance review process?
3. How are the GW Values incorporated into the GW Performance Management Process?
4. How do we use the Performance Review form?
5. How is the overall performance rating determined?
6. How is the "Focus Area" in the Key Performance Factors section used? Is it required? How many areas need to be identified?
7. What is the "Optional Factor" box in the Key Performance Factors section and how is it used?
8. Why is the Statement of Ethical Principles included on the form?
9. What should a manager do if there is ambiguity between two possible overall ratings?
10. In addition to rating inflation, what are some other common performance review errors?
11. What is the approval process for performance reviews?
12. What is the role of the next level approver?
Professional Development Plan FAQs
13. What is the professional development plan (PDP)?
14. What are some key tips for writing effective PDPs?
15. How do I write cost-effective PDPs?
16. How do I decide whether priorities should be included in the Goal Agreement or the Professional Development Plan?
17. How does my PDP contribute to my career development here at GW?