Performance Management Process
GW’s performance management (PM) process provides a framework that creates a high performing organization and supports professional development. The PM process helps you receive performance recognition and feedback.
The PM process engages you actively in a way that positions you for growth and is based on:
- Encouraging a culture of ongoing coaching, feedback and recognition
- Setting goals and expectations that motivate
- Planning for professional development
- Advocating for recognition and growth through balanced self-assessment
- Evaluating past performance and clarifying expectations for the future
- Creating an ongoing dialogue between employees and their supervisors by revisiting goals and performance expectations frequently throughout the year
Make the most of the process by exploring each of the major process components and using the associated resources.
Overview of the Process
Access the PM overview diagram and timeline (PDF) to understand different milestones and to get a visual sense of the process.
Watch the 30 minute "Making the Most of the Performance Review Process" webinar for tips and resources on how to make the process work for you. The webinar, designed for both supervisors and individual contributors, will help make your review process productive and effective.